08 November 2010

Timmy turns 5

Timmy turns 5 on 2nd November 2010.

Time flies... and looking back it has been wonderful 5 years with you around Tim...
Our family days were merrier.
Although it is challenging sometimes, but overall it has been wonderful journey...
As we trust our path in God's hand and guidance.
In times, I lost my patience and I am still learning...
We will be on this learning together...with God's love and mercy.
Mom and Dad want to let you know Tim, that we love you...Always...


Usually we buy the ready-made cake at a bakery, but this year I wanted to learn to bake our own home-made birthday cake. Special thank you for my mother-in-law who taught me on how to bake the cake :), as I have zero experience in baking whatsoever. hehehehe...It's totally something new for me.

I let Timmy know that this year we are gonna bake his birthday cake and he could get involved from the very first beginning. From getting the ingredients in the market, to the process of making it.

As we drove to school, I asked him:
Me: How do you want your cake to look like Tim?
Tim: I want my cake to have 5 candles and another number 5 behind the candles.
So the candles will be in front of the number 5.
Me: Wow, that's interesting. OK. We will do it ya...
Tim: Okay Mom. :) Yippee...


These were the pictures taken when he joined us to the wet market to get the ingredients for the cake. As he saw how the man cut the chocolate bar with a string, instead of a knife, Timmy commented: "Canggih ya....potongnya pake benang." hahahaha...


These were when he helped his grandma in measuring the ingredients.
Then jotted them down in his note. ;)


He was waiting for the butter to melt over the stove...
and was intrigued when he saw the mixer turned so fast and saw how the eggs and sugar were mixed...
Tim: "Mom...it's smelly."
Me: Hahahaha...


This was when he helped to hold the mixer, and commented: "Semoga Berhasil!"
Me and my mother in law was laughing when he said: "Semoga Berhasil."
(I usually say that when I tried to bake something with him at home, since I'm still a beginner. ;)) Apparently he heard and copied what I said. Hahahahaha...
I then told him: "Kalo sama Mama iya semoga berhasil. Kalo sama Popo, Popo udah ahli. Pasti berhasil Tim. Hahahahaha..."

He then helped to grease the pan and apply the butter cream to the cake.


These was when he helped to put the chocolate and munching as he did it.
Nyam...nyam...nyomot emang enak....Hahahaha...


We wrote a message for him on the whiteboard and funnily he replied: Thanks Mama. With a smiley face too. :)


This is how his final birthday cake looks like. :)
And the mini celebration on the birthday.






In the afternoon Timmy had a bike ride with Grandma.




Happy Birthday Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment