16 July 2013

Kelapa Gading Sports Club


It has been a while since I went back to Kelapa Gading Sports Club.
Going back to this place, always brings back my childhood memory.

We were a family member of this place since the 1980s.
I can still remember clearly swimming there every Tuesday and Friday during my high school days.
Priiitt.....Butterfly stroke, back stroke, free style and breast stroke.  The frog style. hahahaha.
We called it "gaya kodok" here. hahaha.

They keep on renovating the place, making it a nice and cozy place to go to.
And surprisingly, my swimming teacher still recognized me when I re-visited this July.




I was taking a photo of the following, when my swimming teacher passed by and said: "Helen?"
Me: "Eh...Om Wowon!"
He still looks just like before.
But now he has moved up the management ladder and no longer a swimming teacher.
It was very nice indeed going back to this place.


When Timmy was little, I used to bring him a lot to this place too.
We would have our morning walk.  Each round was 350 meter. Timmy could wak 3 rounds, at the age of 1 nearly 2 years old.    There was one day when I found a young coconut, and I thought of showing it to Timmy.   He ended up carrying that whole round coconut for nearly 1 round.  hahahaha.



No comments:

Post a Comment