06 January 2011

How would you feel?

The other day, Benny was driving and I was sitting beside him.
Timmy sat at the back of the car and he requested to sit with me.
It has been a while that Timmy requested that I sit with him at the back, while Benny was driving.

This time, we decided that he should learn to take turns.

The following conversation occurred:
Tim: Mom I want to sit with you.
Me: Tim, we take turns ok. Sometimes Mama sits at the back with you, sometimes Mama sits at the front with Papa.
Tim: But Mom, I like you best. I wanna be with you.
Me: No Tim, this time Mama sits at the front. Next time, I will sit with you at the back.
Tim: Oh..
Me: How would you feel if you were driving and both Mama and Papa sit at the back, leaving you alone at the front?
Tim: Sad.
Me: So, Papa would be sad too if Mama sits at the back with you leaving him at the front alone. We take turns ok.

Timmy was quiet for a while, then he came up with the following:
Tim: Dad, how would you feel if you want to be with Mommy and I said No?
Dad: Sad.
Tim: So, I'm sad too when I want to be with Mommy and you said No.

(I was about to laugh out loud when he came up with that arguments. It was hard to held my laugh. I was surprised.)

No comments:

Post a Comment