08 September 2010

Oh!

It was such a bad day.

I hurt my back when I tried to move the washing machine, because of it's position that is not on an even surface. Thereby created this rocking sound as it washes our clothes.

It was raining the whole day the day before yesterday.
My washings were on the lines...

Yesterday morning, the sun clears... Yay! (This is the view that I took as I walked to the parking lot at Timmy's school). Beautiful isn't it?

In the morning, I managed to did some gardening.

As the sky clears, tried to hang my washings again, and took some of the dry clothes... and put the half dried ones out towards the sun, then picked timmy up from school.

Just as I was at my gate, the garbage men came and I saw how they didn't clear up the garbage bin properly. (It was quite full of the garden leaves that I plucked out and I pushed them in to make sure that the lid could be closed) And apparently, they couldn't be bothered to thoroughly throw it out.

We have this system of red bin and green bin for the recycled things.
They put them upside down as well. Red bin went in the green one and vice versa.

Gosh, I chased them and asked them to make sure they cleaned it properly and put it back according to the color.

Then gotta rush to pick Timmy up.
Half way to the school, the rain poured down again.
Oh no! My washings...

By the time we reached home, I quickly ran upstairs to 'save' the washings.
Got myself wet...
Then gave Timmy a bath...
Then have a shower myself.

And this is the scene that I saw, as I came out from the bathroom.

Oh my goodness!

I got so annoyed.
Our house phone didn't work, the men came to repair it and left their screw-driver in our house. Gotta called the customer service about it.

Our internet which was working fine in the morning, didn't work in the afternoon.

Our personal computer (PC) which was normally working fine, shuts it self off, just as I tried to upload my photos. I was thinking: Oh no....

When I tried to have a nap, Timmy woke me up.....

Oh dear, oh dear...

And today, the men who supposed to fix the internet, had an appointment to come at 14.00-14.30, came at 12.30 instead! While I was doing grocery shopping!

Timmy moved his small fan from his room to our working room, and insisted on doing it, after I told him not to.

I started raising my voice over everything.
Plus I have difficulty breathing, due to this flu thing.

Oh what a day!


I need to :
learn to calm myself....to choose my words to communicate feelings and expectations....to ask for God's guidance on patience....to master loving discipline...to learn the ability to discipline without anger and more warmth.

It will go a long way towards building a strong parent-child connection—and increase the chances that next time Timmy will listen to his parent's concerns.


Quoted from babyzone :
How to Maintain Your Composure
"Keep in mind that children do not get up in the morning with a sinister plan to ruin your day," Hierlmaier-Nelson says. She suggests focusing on three main elements to help maintain your patience and composure as a parent, especially when disciplining:

Empathy: "Put yourself in the child's shoes: Is he hungry, tired, jealous, or seeking your attention?," says Hierlmaier-Nelson.

Mindfulness: Try to stay in the moment; don't worry about the 15 things that need your attention today. And remind yourself to be patient. "Sometimes a few hugs, a short storybook, or a promised activity later in the day can go a long way toward good behavior. Just make sure to follow through on promises," she adds.

Service to Others: As parents, we are helping mold our children's behavior for their entire lives. When you view yourself as someone who provides service to your children, you can be calmer and more gentle, and in turn teach your kids how to become responsible, caring adults. The goal for them is to grow up and be well-balanced individuals who can recognize their emotions and appropriately deal with their own anger, Hierlmaier-Nelson says.

"Parenting is a high calling even though it doesn't feel like it when you're changing a diaper or cleaning up lunch. Your actions and reactions to your child will set his or her values and skills for later in life—from using manners to picking up after yourself," Hierlmaier-Nelson says. "Model leadership—service and responsibility to others—and you will raise leaders."

A quote from my youngest brother Facebook status today:
"Happiness is a state of mind. Devote 5 mins a day to smiling (as long as it is not a pyschotic scary smile) , just smiling until it comes out naturally.... oh HAPPINESS is also CONTAGIOUS."

No comments:

Post a Comment