10 August 2010

Holiday Mood

This morning, Timmy was in the holiday mood.
He woke up before 6.00 am, and asked me to wake up too.
Tim: Mom, wake up....it's morning already. Today I have holiday.

He then pulled the curtain, ah......

Tim: What do we do next Mom? Brush teeth, mandi....


For the past few days, Timmy has been arranging his pillows, dump truck, cement mixer, pick up truck, right next to his bed and he refused it to be moved.
He even created the railway from his room across to the living room.

It started to irritate me, because we can't clean the floor underneath it.

Every morning, as he woke up, if he saw the railway has been moved, he started to be grumpy, and this IS annoying.

I have been explaining to him, that this could cause people to trip and fall over.
Furthermore, if we can't clean the floor underneath it, the house would be very dirty. Not to mention the noise in the morning, when we were still sleepy. Grrr!

Today, Benny and I made an ultimatum.
"We made toys to make Timmy happy and play.
After we play, we must be able to tidy up."

"If Timmy does not allow people to tidy up, then we will keep the toys away.
So, you can't play with it anymore. Then no more arguments. Want it that way?"
Tim: "No...But there is a sign that there is 120 km/hr." (his imaginative sign).
Us: No matter what the sign, we must be able to clean it. Later we can build it up again.

Lately, Timmy also started to nag and whine. It's absolutely irritating.
Yesterday, I resorted to ignore him when he did that.
I told him, "I'm sorry Tim, I don't understand you when you talk that way.
You need to tell me nicely, so I can understand."

He cried for sometime, and I must resist myself to ignore him.
It's much easier to just follow him, but it's not good.

Later during the day, he poured water on the side table, which I have told him to avoid pouring water there, because the water could sip into the gap between the glass and the table. I got angry and put him into the timeout. He refused to go.
But went finally.

In the afternoon, after everything has calmed down....he accidently trip the yogurt. When I spoke to him in angry voice, Timmy told me: "Mom, please speak nicely....Do you want me talk to you in angry voice like that? You wouldn't want it right? " (In his very nice and sweet voice) hehehehehe...

Later in the afternoon, we had wonderful moments together....
Write and draw together....
Timmy put his feet on mine and we walked together synchronized...
We did sports together...It was our first time doing it together.
Very fun, he pretended that he is the PE teacher. We did all sorts of movement, jumping jack, move feet forwards and backwards, sideways, jump diagonally, etc.

Ah...bitter sweet of parenthood..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment