04 April 2010

A chat with Timmy

One day Timmy asked me, "Mom, what happen after you have finished working?"
I was telling him about all the steps that he has to go through, from kindergarten till work.

3-6 years old: Kindergarten
6-12 years old: Primary school
12-15 years old: Junior High School
15-18 years old: Senior High School
18-21 years old: University
21 years old onwards: Work

Then Timmy came up with the question: "What happen after you finished work?"
I told him pension.
Timmy: What is pension Mom?
Me: Pension means that you don't work anymore, you can stay at home and do the things that you wanna do. Like grandma, she is not working anymore now.

Then I add another info, we normally work till the age of 65 years old.

Timmy: "Grandpa is 62 years old.
Grandma is 60 years old. But you said that working age is until 65 years old.
60 is less than 65. So, grandma should be working"

Me: I like your logic Tim! hehehehe.
But grandma is lucky. She has her sons, papa and uncle to support her, to give her money...so she doesn't have to work anymore.

Timmy: (hm...thinking)
I wanna be like that too Mom, when I grow up one day!
Give you and dad money!

Me: Smiling....

No comments:

Post a Comment