12 September 2009

The process of Timmy's Birth

Timmy was supposed to be due on week 40 of my pregnancy, which was around 16 November 2005.

At that time, my mom and dad were on their trip to China. And Benny's mom was in the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital. While my maids have gone back for their Lebaran holiday.

My mom and dad had brought forward their return date to 6 November 2010, thinking that by then Timmy wouldn't be due yet.

However, Timmy came out during week 38 and 2 days of pregnancy. Hehehe...

I just took my pregnancy leave from the office the day before on 30 October 2005.
1st November morning, I was going for morning walk with Benny at the Kelapa Gading Sports Club.

During the walk, I felt the contraction and I told Benny about it.
Benny even asked me: "Have you gone to the toilet?"
Me: "No, it's different pain."
Anyway, we kept on walking. I took several deep breath in and deep breath out and the pain disappeared. Prior to this, there have been several false contraction.

After the walk, we went to my parents house to clear out the dried leaves from the drive way and the water pipe.

Then...caming back to our own house and did some clean up, washed the dirty clothes and hung them dry.

Then...we visited Benny's mom at the hospital.

In the afternoon, when I wanted to take a nap, I couldn't, because the pain started coming again... so, double checked the bags for the hospital instead.

Later that night around 7.00 pm, it was our doctor check up schedule.
I told the Doctor about the contraction pain, and the doctor said: "Kepala anaknya memang sudah di jalan lahir. Tapi belum...anak pertama, biasanya gak secepat ini. Sampai ketemu minggu depan."

From there, we visited Benny's Mom again.
At that time, Benny's sister said: "Perut eloe gede amat sih, kok belum lahiran? Besok lahiran lho!"

By the time, we came home, it was already around 9.30-10.00pm.
I was so tired already by then...
Benny said: Gua mau tidur dulu ya. Kalo sakit lagi kasih tau gua.
Me: Ok.

Everytime it felt painful, I told him.
And Benny recorded it, apparently, the contraction pain is already every 3 minutes!

It was around midnight already.
I told Benny, would it be better if we wait till the morning?
Benny said, no. It's better that we go now to the hospital.

So, we went to the hospital that midnight.

By the time we arrived the hospital, the nurse checked the level of contraction and said: "Ini Mamanya masih bisa senyum senyum.... Kalo belum bukaan, besok balik lagi ya."

When the nurse checked the level of opening.
And it was already opening 5-6! Wow! And we were asked to choose the room and I couldn't go home anymore and we went to the delivery room.

Luckily Benny could go in there with me.
And there were 2 nurses who accompanied by alternately.

Wow...by then the pain was unbearable. Luckily God was there with me. :) Thank God.
The delivery was natural without epidural.

By the time the Doctor came, I have forgotten how to push, because I have been holding the pain. hahahaha....With 2 pushes, Timmy was out.

There was a funny story, with 1 push, the doctor could see bits of Timmy's hair.
2nd push, Timmy's head was out and Benny was excited.
When the doctor said, Relax...
Benny told me to push again..

So, when the doctor wanted to pull Timmy out he said: Lho, kok keras? Relax...
Then Benny relayed the message to me: "Len...relax.."

Then the doctor pulled Timmy out.
Timmy was born in the morning, weigh: 3.3 kg, height: 50 cm.

By the time he came out and cried.
However, when they put Timmy on my chest, the cried stopped.
Amazing. He could recognize my heart beat.

Thank you God for Your wonderful Gift for us.
Please guide us always in bringing up Timmy into a responsible, caring adult. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment