13 September 2009

The story of Timmy's Birth

It was 1 November 2005 morning...

Lebaran was just around the corner, so the maids have gone back to their hometown.
My mom and dad were at China at that time.
Benny's mum was in Intensive Care Unit.

That morning I just took my maternity leave from the office.

The day before, my colleagues were saying:
Mbak Asih: "Len, kok belom cuti? Perutmu itu sudah besar sekali."
Merry: "Cici, kok masih di kantor? Aduh...aku serem lihat perut cici, kayak udah mau meletus. Gede banget!"

I gained 16 kgs during my pregnancy, and Benny was saying that I looked just normal from the back view. But side view, woooow! Mancung ke depan. hahahahaha...

So that morning, Benny and I were walking at Kelapa Gading Sports Club.
I told Benny that my tummy hurts.
He even asked me whether I have gone to the toilet? hahahahaha.
I told him: "It feels different."
But I thought it was the false contraction. So, we keep walking and after I take some deep breath, it disappear.

We went back to our house and took the dry clothes from the lines and cleaned the house. Then went to my parents house to clean the yard from dry leaves...
From there we visited Benny's Mom at the hospital.

In the afternoon around 3 pm, when I wanted to take a nap, it hurts again.
Hence couldn't sleep.

Around 7 pm, it was the schedule for Doctor check up.
I told the Doctor about the contraction.
The Doctor said: "Timmy's head was in the birth way already.
But usually for 1st birth, it's not this quick. See you next week."

The pregnancy was 38 weeks and few days.
The Doctor predicted the birth will be on the 40th week of pregnancy.
So, Timmy was predicted to be born on 14 November 2005.
My parents changed their itenary to be back on 6th November.

After the check up, we visited Benny's Mum again at the hospital.
I waited downstairs. Benny's sister was saying: "Kok eloe belom lahiran sih?
Bush bush...besok lahiran lho!" Jokingly.

That night I wanted to sleep, around 10 pm, and felt the contraction again.
Benny said:"I wanted to sleep, but when you feel it hurts you tell me."
Every time it hurts, I told Benny and he wrote it down.

After a while, he noticed that the contraction is every 3 minutes!
"Len, this is not false contraction. I think we better go to the hospital."
I told him: "At this hour of the day? Shall we wait till tomorrow morning around 6am?
Benny said: "Ntar lahiran di Panther lho!" hahahahahaha..

So, we went to the hospital that night. Luckily I have got my bags ready packed to go. On the way there, I still felt the contraction. Took a deep breath in...deep breath out.... deep breath in...deep breath out....

As we arrived at the Medika Griya hospital, the nurse checked the level of the contraction. She said: "Ini Mamanya masih cantik, masih bisa senyum senyum.
Contractionnya ok, tapi sepertinya belum. Ibu masih boleh pulang dulu, nanti kesini lagi. Tapi sebelumnya kita check dalem dulu ya Bu."

When she checked, it was 5th or 6th opening!
The nurse said: "Ibu, gak boleh pulang. Ibu pilih kamar ya..."
Benny and I choose the room, and the birth process continues.
I felt as if Mother Mary was there with me.

Each time it hurts, I took deep breath in and deep breath out.
I was holding Benny's hand.
The technique from senam hamil really helps.

The contractions gets longer and longer.
If previously I took few deep breath and it disappear, now I gotta took lots more.

Luckily the nurse are very kind there.
They took turn massaging my back each time the contraction happened.
It helps a lot.

The nurse said: "Tahan ya Bu, jangan ngeden dulu."
Throughout the birth process, the nurse keep in touch with the Doctor.
The doctor arrived around dawn.
When the birth way is completely open, the nurse said: "Iya Bu, boleh ngeden."

At that moment, I forgot how to ngeden, since I have been holding it for so long."
hehehehehe... "Push, said the doctor." I was pushing...
Doctor: "Ayo...rambutnya sudah kelihatan."
the doctor said: "Tanpa bersuara, jadi bertenaga".
Second push and Timmy's head was out.

Benny was excited..."Ayo Len, ngeden lagi."
The doctor wanted to pull the head out "Lho, kok keras?"
Apparently it was because I was still pushing. Following Benny's instruction. hehehehehe...
Doctor said: "Relax..." The I relax and he pulled the baby out.
Timmy was born! Our bundle of joy has arrived!

After the doctor cleaned Timmy's nose, Timmy cried
The nurse put him on my chest, he stopped crying.
After a while, Timmy was taken to be cleaned.
I didn't feel anything when the doctor sew the birth way.

Timmy weigh: 3.3 kg and length: 50 cm.

That was the story of Timmy's birth.
Naturally born, without epidural.
Thank you God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment