06 October 2014

Speechless

The boy asked me:  "Mom, if I behave good for the whole week, am I allowed Rp. 2,000 per week?"
Me: "Okay, sure. But when you are not behaving well, then your allowance will be deducted proportionally."

(I thought that it will be a good  opportunity for him to learn how to manage his money, whether to save it, spend it or donate it).

The during the week, he didn't behave well 1 day, and it was reduced to Rp. 1,600.

Tim: "Mom, if there is a way of reducing my allowance, is there any way that I can increase it?"
Me: "Well, there is no way.  The only way is by growing up. The bigger you are, the more allowance that you will get."

(earlier during the week, he has been saying that growing up is not fun, more responsibility, bla bla bla)

Then few days past...
Tim: "Mom, you told me once before, that if I massage you for 10 minutes, you would pay me Rp. 2,000.   *showing his cheeky smile*  You said that right Mom?"

Me: "Yes, ehm..." (That was way long long time ago, and he never massaged me for 10 minutes).
I said that when I was super tired and his massage was good. But everytime he massaged, it was always short duration.

Tim: "So, from now on, if I massage you, I will turn on the timer. If I massage you for 10 minutes, it's Rp. 2,000, 20 minutes means Rp. 4,000.

Me: *Speechless"
Ah...this boy is so cheeky...
He comes up with the unthinkable solutions.
Hahahahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment