23 April 2013

Recent Update... Stand Back and Watch.

Timmy has been sick these days. 

It all started last weekend when he started to lose his appetite. 
On Sunday, 15th April 2013, Timmy watched F1 with Benny. 
That night, he threw up. 

Monday, 15th April 2013, 
Monday morning, he had English test. So we thought of letting him going to school, but after the test, then I picked him up from school. So that day, Timmy left early from school at 10.00.  They usually go home at 2.00 on Monday.  

Came back from school, after lunch, I gave him Norit and Lacidofil. 
In the afternoon, we still went for our bike ride. But after 1 round, Timmy felt tired. 
That night, he had a fever of  38.4 degree Celcius. 
I decided to give him Tempra forte to reduce his fever. 

Tuesday, 16th April 2013, 
at 06.10 in the morning, I measured his temperature again. This time it was 38.6 degree Celcius. 
Gave him another Tempra and he went back to bed. 
Didn't go to school that day.

At 12.10, I measured him again, and it was 39 degree Celcius. 
Timmy said that it hurts when he swallow, ear and tummy are painful too. 

At 16.40, his temperature was 38.6 degree Celcius. 
He kept on sweating and I kept on changing the wash cloth that I put on his forehead to reduce his fever. 
His body is warm, but Timmy said that he felt cold. 

Wednesday, 17th April 2013,
We went to the doctor that day. 
The doctor checked his condition and said that Timmy had tonsillitis. 
There are white spots on his tonsil and was prescribed antibiotics and some other medicine. 
He still continue to have fever, and threw up several times, plus diarrhoea. 
I read from the prescription that one of the medicine side effect is to cause diarrhoea. So I consulted the doctor and we stopped it. 

Saturday, 20th April 2013, 
Timmy was getting better, but he was still not back to his usual self. 
And I felt something is wrong, and we decided to do the blood test, as a precaution of dengue fever. 
That night, we went to had the blood test. 

It was a struggle to have Timmy to sit down and sit still while his blood was taken. 
I thought of having it that night thinking that while Benny was still here before he went to Singapore. 
But it turned out that Benny couldn't sit and watched while Timmy tried to regain his courage to have his blood taken.  Finally Benny waited outside, while I tried to persuade Timmy with all my might. 
Finally, fiuh! The blood test was taken. 

That night, we found out that Timmy had typhoid fever. 

Sunday, 21st April 2013, 
We went back to the doctor again that day, informing him of the blood test result. 
Timmy was prescribed another type of antibiotics. 
Monday night, my mother in law came to help and brought all nutritious food for us. 
Yay! Thank you so much Mom! 

Monday, 22nd April 2013, 
Timmy is more like himself again. 
When he took a shower, he told me: "Mom, you can just stand back and watch." 
So, that day, I watched a nice show... 
Watching Timmy being a grown up boy, taking a shower by himself. 
I like the way he said it: "Mom, you just stand back and watch." Hahahaha. 

Tuesday, 23rd April 2013, 
He still stayed at home today, 
but he started to play games, and be more like himself again. 
Fiuh! Finally. 

Tomorrow he is going back to school. 
What a week we have had. 
And guess what: when I asked Timmy: "You must be bored being at home." 
Tim: "No Mom. I like holiday.  I like being home, not going to school. I love it." 
Me: "Do you know that you will have one and a half month holiday later in June till July?"
Tim: "One and a half month?" (with eyes wide open)
Me: "Yes." 
Tim: "Yeay!"
Me: "But there are times when you need to go to school.  Do you want to stay grade 2 forever?"
Tim: "No." 
Me: "So you need to go to school." 

Anyway, the junior high school kids are having their National test now. 
So, tomorrow Timmy is just gonna be at school from 10.00 to 13.00, instead of from 07.15 to 13.00 
Hehehehe...  A nice breezy introduction of going back to school for him. 
But he missed 4 tests last week, which he will need to catch up on... 








No comments:

Post a Comment